Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
Yeah there is that $400 app. My phone has a calc. That is pretty revolutionary.
lucky, i gotta carry a calculator in my center console (3 drawer plastic storage container):cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im thinking about getting an I phone. Switching over from Blackberry
Wit GPS, it will be easy to find new jobs and what not.... anyone have any input on this??

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wit GPS, it will be easy to find new jobs and what not.... anyone have any input on this??
The GPS is nice. Also, having a calculator, expense manager, time clock, pocket email, and the good 'ole internet in your pocket is nice. I'm still discovering new apps for this phone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Who are you with? BlackBerrys have GPS on Sprint.

If you are with Sprint get a Mogul, it has a keyboard, GPS, all the APPs you could want, and no need to pay got the Sprint Nav.

If you want a smaller phone get a Touch, theres not keyboard, has GPS, all the APPs you could want, and no need to pay for Sprint Nav.

I have both and love them.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
dang, ya'll are some rich LCO's. yall have fones that you carry w/ u? jk, right now the only thing i see being so benificial about internet on a phone is being able to check LS. lol. i actuall think it might be nice for emailing bids, or revising them in certain situations. (i had some insurance work that i was biding on and had to stop at places w/ wifi to edit the bid and revise it). gps is nice for routing though, i use mine all the time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 1st generation iphone, and I love it. It is by far the best phone I have ever owned. The iphone browser is 2nd to none. The ability to view full size web pages vs. the scaled down "mobile" versions of them is a very nice feature. Combine this with the intuitive touch interface, and you have the best phone on the market in my opinion. (I have also used a couple different blackberrys, and an htc touch)

If quickbooks would come out with a "mobile QB" app, I would be set. If they could make something that allowed you to compose and print estimates, keep track of expenses, enter job cost info etc etc....
I would pay good money for the ability to do that all on the fly without having to haul around a bulky laptop.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
I have a pretty handy phone. You can push the talk button and it MAKES PHONE CALLS. Its great!
WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THESE?!?!?! i love my nextel. unbreakable (almost), good service, and the cool walkie talkies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.