Lawn Care Forum banner

How I Do Leaf Cleanups

11K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  corey4671 
#1 ·
Shot a little video to promote leaf cleanups on my Facebook page for the business. This was actually the third time this season to blow the leaves off of this yard.

#27 ·
Yeah I bag my clippings 100% of the time with High lift blades on the mowers at all times anyways, so I simply use the big mower and would just run over the lawn with a thin layer of leaves and the mower bags them up nicely.. That's how I do it, everyone has their own way of doing things, I try and choose the quickest, most efficient way possible when doing everything...

#28 ·
Keep in mind that if mulching leaves is a viable option, that is what I do. If there are woods to blow them to, that is what I do. The video was done for Homeowner Joe or Jane who just doesn't want to mess with leaves period. I have it posted on my website, Facebook and use it through my text marketing. This is not to say that I pile up leaves and haul them off of every single yard. As a matter of fact the one yard I have that pays me the most money gets mulched every week while the leaves are falling simply because it's a large open lawn where I have room to spread the leaves around.
Posted via Mobile Device

#29 ·
I use a QDS Ultra vac on 23 hp exmark. Dump 7 compacted bushels from seat. If you used one, you would only have to blow around the foundation, trees, and beds; add a leaf plow to the equation for heavy accumulation, and you could probably cut your time in half and fit more in a trailer load and have more energy at the end of the day. Just dump near where you will load them. Using it in reverse, as already stated helps chop large leaves down for easier collection. Also consider a front caster wheel on the blower and a front end mount to a ZTR. Mow, blow, and collect at the time time. If you used the QDS system, your pile would be 1/3 the size and would compost quicker. On large properties, we lay out several tarps for ease of dumping time the move the tarps with the mower to wherever we need them to be to save energy. All of our leaf jobs are 2 men 1 mower and full detail service.

We don't use a loader, but dump on tarps and stack the tarps on top of each other in the front of the covered trailer for removal or have a compost area on site to move tarp loads to--this saves us fuel by not needing 2 visits or 2 trucks on site. This is the most efficient methods that I've discovered for handling leaves.

I like the text ad; its very unique!

#31 ·
I use a QDS Ultra vac on 23 hp exmark. Dump 7 compacted bushels from seat. If you used one, you would only have to blow around the foundation, trees, and beds; add a leaf plow to the equation for heavy accumulation, and you could probably cut your time in half and fit more in a trailer load and have more energy at the end of the day. Just dump near where you will load them. Using it in reverse, as already stated helps chop large leaves down for easier collection. Also consider a front caster wheel on the blower and a front end mount to a ZTR. Mow, blow, and collect at the time time. If you used the QDS system, your pile would be 1/3 the size and would compost quicker. On large properties, we lay out several tarps for ease of dumping time the move the tarps with the mower to wherever we need them to be to save energy. All of our leaf jobs are 2 men 1 mower and full detail service.

We don't use a loader, but dump on tarps and stack the tarps on top of each other in the front of the covered trailer for removal or have a compost area on site to move tarp loads to--this saves us fuel by not needing 2 visits or 2 trucks on site. This is the most efficient methods that I've discovered for handling leaves.

I like the text ad; its very unique!
The blower has a swivel however I prefer not to use it on turf. It tends to get turned and harder to push. I also have a hitch for mounting the blower on my mower but I've found it's just slower than actually pushing it.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.