How level does versa-lok stay with geo-grid?

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Versa-Lok is not related to Belgard at all. Versa-lok is marketed across the country as its own product and is sold around Minneapolis thru a distribuotr(Patio Town) that will not sell any other SRW products. It is a product that is almost as old as Keystone. Allan block was developed and marketed out of Bloonigton MN and surpisingly was started by a guy not named Allan.

Hayduke

LawnSite Bronze Member
Versa-Lok is not related to Belgard at all. Versa-lok is marketed across the country as its own product and is sold around Minneapolis thru a distribuotr(Patio Town) that will not sell any other SRW products. It is a product that is almost as old as Keystone. Allan block was developed and marketed out of Bloonigton MN and surpisingly was started by a guy not named Allan.

Hmmm...a quick search on Versa-lok distributors near me shows the nearest being in Minnesota about 2,000 miles away. Which would explain why I am not familiar with it.

But also when I search versa-lok the first hit I get is Belgard website and it has versa-lok listed as one of its products. i know I can get Belgard here. maybe it's just licensed to different manufacturers out here?

Jimmythegreek

LawnSite Member
Versalok is a trade name and its licensed our to many manufacturers across the US and further. The block is made by these manufacturers and sold by them but it's the same block specs and true versalok. Here in NJ its CST that makes it. They just got bought out by Keystone and merged

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sorry i stepped away from hardscapes 4 years ago. It looks like Belgard has acquired Versa-lok since then. Years ago Versa-lok sidestepped Keystone's fiberrglass locking pin patent with a plastic pin. I don't like that Belgard seems to now own a considerable share of the market.

Hayduke

LawnSite Bronze Member
BTW In Oregon its carried by williamette greystone locations

Definitely know of Willamette Greystone here. Didn't realize it was Versa-lok they carried. Strangely the supplier that carries Belgard does not seem to have the Versa-lok here.
And then we have Keystone and Oregon Block/Allan Block.
I use a lot of Western Interlock stuff...have no idea what brand that is or if it is their own brand...

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, Allan Block is different product. A product that many guys curse because of it's range of size tolerance block to block. I am really one of the few companies here that almost exclusively uses Allan block because I think it is the most aesthetically appealing SRW out there. Much more natural texture and colors.
I don't know if we have Versa-lock out here, or if it is just sold under a different brand name, might be what we call Belgard.
I do not think it is as nice looking as Allan block, but way easier to work with which is why a lot of guys use it.
Still I think the shimming process would be the same for all brands.
This wall had to get shimmed in a few places per Allan Block recommended protocols
We do almost exclusively Allan block

a few keystone walls here and there

any thing big is done with Allan block

Top Forums