How long after rain can you apply generic barricade (prodiamine 65wg)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grnt324, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

I am looking to apply some prodiamine to my own yard tomorrow. Its kinda raining off and on throughout today and expected the same tomorrow. Must the ground be completely dry to apply it and how long does it need to remain dry out before it can rain again? Thanks

grass4gas likes this.
  2. AnotherOkie

AnotherOkie LawnSite Senior Member
    from Newalla

Perfect conditions. Pre needs to get into the soil. Light rain or drizzle is fine. Post emergent products typically need to dry.

kemco likes this.
  3. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

Thanks, so as long as the ground is just slightly damp its good and a little rain shlrtly after wont hurt?

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

prodiamine needs to be watered in with at least .5 inches of water so rainfall after is a must or irrigation. I've applied in slight drizzle with no I'll effects besides me getting wet.

5. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I knew it had to be watered in but i didnt know if there was a time frame that it needed to not rain. I didnt find anything on the label saying such.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

One more thing. Put your rain cap on your spreader. Wet fertilizer does not spread well. It makes a mess.
    Find a way to keep your spreader hopper dry.
    Make a cover out of a fert bag, if you have to.
    Also find a way to keep the bags dry. Remember most plastic bags have holes in them--this is to let the air out so that the bags stack on a pallet easier.

Huge rain storm headed for the midwest on Feb 19th. Monday.