Lawn Care Forum banner

How long after?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  GreenN'Clean 
#1 ·
Did you start getting calls after you hand your flyers or door hangers?

#2 ·
Usually a couple days..yesterday I got 3 calls before they got out of that neighborhood. I dont do much flyer type stuff unless the guys need something to do and then Ill send them out. I find that Fridays are good days for that stuff. Hubby and wife get it on Friday and have the weekend to get it together and discuss ideas and I usually get the call Monday. Warm weekends in early spring are always a good time. All winter theyve been dreaming up ideas and when warm weather comes they are ready to get busy. All week most people concentrate on careers. Weekend comes and its all about what theyve worked for all week.

#4 ·
After putting out 500+ flyers and two days later I have only had 1 phone call. The lady wanted me on a on call basis and I told her I dont do that. I hope I start getting calls in today
I've put out about 1,000 flyers already and haven't got even ONE call, but then again, the snow is still melting here in Indiana. Just keep at it, or make sure your flyer is good.

#5 ·
your in florida, they will call, you might get calls months after you sent out the flyers...

if there is still snow on the ground its was too early to get flyers out, they went mostly in the trash.... have to time it right to is warm enough that they are thinking about lawn care..... end of march, early april where you are at..... wait a bit

#6 ·
i get work the day after i put out my flyers everytime. on average i get back 15-20 per 1000 that i put out. out of those 15-20 i'll sign up 7-12 on average

MY FLYERS IS MONEY IN THE BANK!!

#7 ·
The hot of it should come in the next few days, up to a week or so as it gradually peters down and out, but do know an Lco can get a call here and there for up to 5 or 8 years later, thou these are truly few and far in between.

You'll likely get a few for up to a month, but basically after a week or so it's over.

In a lot of cases it's still a bit early, which could be why you get some tire kicker calls and if you even get those.

I'm in virginia and we just had our first 70 degree day, and we need 2 solid weeks of that before vegetation reacts, I would keep doing the flyer thing about once / week or so. It is a numbers game, you have to keep doing it, most successful Lco's have been known to pass out thousands, but of course at a rate of 500-1000 or so a week, over time.

Right now the best thing is to keep going over the equipment and the truck, maybe wash and clean it all up real good, maybe work on a web site for the future since it takes 2-4 years to build one halfway, or read about here and learn, idk, put out flyers in between.

#8 ·
I put out 500 the middle of last week, and another 28 lastnight (the 28 was at a Single street Neighborhood). I recieved 2 calls from last weeks, one was a tree trimming & cut down job, the second one was for a full season of grass cutting, Monthly weeding/Upkeep, ferd job and a large mulching job (6-7 yards of mulch). Im hoping to get a few more calls this weekend or early week since the temp is now in the mid/high 50's but going to the high 60's low 70's off and one this week. Im planing on heading out late this coming week to hit up the same area's that I hit up last week and have 2 more area's to hit up for the first time this season. Wish everyone one luck and keep at it, it'll pay off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.