1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How long can you trim for

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Jun 27, 2003.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I just read another post where someone said they straight out for 5 hours. Holy sheit. Gotta hand it to ya. I work alone and bust my butt when trimming. No dilly dallying, like I see some guys helpers. Slow. I don't like to trim more than 30-40 minutes at a time. I only have a few places where it takes that long. It just gotta stop or I get sloppy. Is it just me. I think I might have ADD.

2. BIGWIV

BIGWIV LawnSite Member

I have 3 accounts where I weed-whip for two hours straight; with only a break to refuel or add string. When I'm done my back shoulders and mostly my right wrist are sore.:cry: Might be the age also that plays a factor. LOL Don't remember being this sore 10 yrs. ago. Thank god for the 15 min. lawns:blob3:

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

my leg after a day of trimming

im000136 (2).jpg

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

5. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

If your trimmer supports a shoulder strap attachment, this helps the back. All my stihl trimmers have it and they do work.

6. I got guys that all they do is run a trimmer till the trimming slows down..

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, sounds like you NEED a ZTfire, lol:p

8. That ZTF 1000, No Way.

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Screw those guy's that weed wack forever. In 30 years they'll need new arms. Read your manual. work for 15 minutes and take a minute to stretch and relax. Remember you want to do this for a living, not end up out of business in ten years.
    Pete

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a contractor that has all of the mediums here. He sends his guys out with a weed eater and a 2 gallon fuel can every morning. Being the nice guy that he is he drops off a fresh supply of fuel after lunch. Picks them up at the end of town about 3 1/ 2 miles later and deposits them at their comfy home with about 12 other weed whacker guys. What a swell guy:eek: