How long do you take to deliver a quote?

h&m GARDENS

LawnSite Member
Hi guys!
I'm a gardener who is hiring a landscaper to do some jobs that are just too big for me. Three properties and it involves tons of tree and shrub pruning, invasive removal, barberry removal, etc. How long should I expect it to take for a quote?

KUMA01

LawnSite Bronze Member
Depends I’m usually get back with the person in 48 hours. But if you are waiting for some time it seems like they are more than likely not interested in the job or it’s to big for them as well.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Hi guys!
I'm a gardener who is hiring a landscaper to do some jobs that are just too big for me. Three properties and it involves tons of tree and shrub pruning, invasive removal, barberry removal, etc. How long should I expect it to take for a quote?
As long as it needs to-
Do you typically write things up while gardening?
Or tell customers “sorry I can’t do already scheduled work because someone interrupted me and asked for an elaborate, multifaceted quote?”

Or would you rather be just guess at the price, then double that to make sure he gets paid enough to do it.
That’s how most people will deal with an impatient person waiting to get a number.

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi guys!
why ruin your reputation if they don't get back to you or do a bad job?wouldn't it be easier to say I don't do that type of work and recommend someone or let the customers look for someone?I know it's another way to make money ,but sometimes it may work against you?

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I usually give 1-2 day window, unless it's spring and I have a fully packed schedule

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Also in my voicemail greeting it says all calls will be answered same day, or within 24 hours(either or).. Don’t be shocked that most can’t wait that long...

iand

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hi guys!
Do you mean how long before someone comes out to do a quote : anything over a week I would look at getting someone else
How long to give the quote after viewing the site again if over a week I would probably look at someone else

Joana Williams

LawnSite Senior Member
To meet with someone; We take roughly 1-3 days.

To give a finalized answer for a price: 1 Day Max.

99% of the time we will work out the numbers at the truck and hand to the customer on site or get back to them within the hour.