Lawn Care Forum banner

how long does it take, to get a lawn in shape?

4K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  all ferris 
#1 ·
you take over a lawn that someone else has massacred. you take over in fall. the lawn is infested with crabgrass, broadleafs, and unhealthy grass. you start the process this fall, how long will it take, before that lawn is " a beautiful lawn", holds its color, and fights off weeds and disease, and holds up well during drought/heat conditions. how long do you think, taking into consideration weather, and customer stupidity (not watering, watering too much, etc). how long do you tell them? one year, 2 yrs?

#32 ·
Three years??? Takes ONE DAY.............................

Bobcat it to scoop up exsisting lawn, grade it and new sod.................start by 7AM and have everything including sod on hand, enough employees and you should be done by 5PM............... :laugh:

#33 ·
Killswitch said:
;)

I dunno man. I just dont get it.

Heres a guy showing you photos of a lawn he resurected from the grave in six months basically and Im telling you it can be done and you guys still say it takes 2 years.

*shrugs*
Ya except that particular lawn will not make it through a drought without constant watering. The root sytem is not established enough to say anything different.

Creating a good looking lawn is easy, creating a healthy lawn is a different story.

Please tell me once again why it takes a sod farm 18 months to produce saleable sod.................Are they in the wrong business as well?

#34 ·
First of all I bet sod farms dont mature it 18 months and they sell whats basically root bound way over fertilized turf that IMHO isnt the healthy turf you speak of.

Im not sure where you draw the lines betwixt whats good looking and whats healthy or how you can even differentiate the difference.

Lawn care isnt a big secret and science. Its nutrients, good cultural and mechanical methods IE watering, mowing, aerating , weed /insect and crabgrass control...etc.

#35 ·
O.K., whatever.

Chemlawn creates good looking lawns in no time...............until the rain stops falling for a short period of time.

If you don't know the difference after being in business for 20 years (according to your profile) then I don't guess I can explain it well enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.