How long would it potentially take to do a fall cleanup 1/2 acre.

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by NH Rockstar Gardens, Sep 13, 2019.

1. NH Rockstar Gardens

NH Rockstar Gardens LawnSite Member

One person. Backpack blower. All leaves lost on site.

I know the bigvest variable is how many trees are there, but what would be a ball park guess.

I am guessing 8 hours. Thoughts?

2. SouthernLC

SouthernLC LawnSite Member

I would hope it wouldn’t take 8 hours for a 1/2 acre property

3. OP
    OP
    NH Rockstar Gardens

NH Rockstar Gardens LawnSite Member

Then how many hours WOULD you guess?

4. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Better pack a lunch chuck...lol
    .just kidding. It depends on equipment, ambition , etc

5. SouthernLC

SouthernLC LawnSite Member

Exactly, with my big Pb8010t blower, I suspect 2-3 hours. It depends on how hard you work and what equipment you are using. All backpack blowers are not created equal

6. ggb6259

ggb6259 LawnSite Member

You don't have to remove leaves, just get them to where they go, that's a huge plus. I would say it hinges on how many trees, wet or dry leaves. Around here we have giant oaks and when the leaves get wet they want to glue them selves to the ground. So dry vs wet and how many.. Low side 4 hrs high side 6 hrs.

My place is 1/3 acre and I have 5 of the giant oak bastardos with a crap load of bushes. Its every bit of 5 or 6 hours, if I let them build up. They will get 10-15" deep. If I keep up with them its easier on me and the time is essentially the same. That includes getting them away from house and bushes, into containers to dump after collection. I use the blower, a Little Giant HPV and just found a used bagger for my ZTR at a decent price.

I'm thinking this year of offering the two or three trip package.