• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

How many accounts for 1 man show?

deyoe1118

LawnSite Member
I have 72...Running 12 hrs days 5 days a week...Rainy weeks send me into saturday.

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
All depends on the level of service, size of the lots, etc...

You can have 100 cut-and-blow postage stamp 1/8th acre lots and do about the same gross-wise as someone with 28 full-service accounts in the 1/4 - 3/4 acre range or thereabouts.

Me, I float between 40 and 55, 1/4 acre to 1.5 acres in size, some full service others cut-and-blow.
I do them one at a time in a neat and orderly fashion, some get done monday, some more tuesday, and so on.

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
All depends on the level of service, size of the lots, etc...

You can have 100 cut-and-blow postage stamp 1/8th acre lots and do about the same gross-wise as someone with 28 full-service accounts in the 1/4 - 3/4 acre range or thereabouts.

Me, I float between 40 and 55, 1/4 acre to 1.5 acres in size, some full service others cut-and-blow.
I do them one at a time in a neat and orderly fashion, some get done monday, some more tuesday, and so on.
This is where I'm at, but mine probably average about 1.5 acres each, and I do all the chemical apps on them as well.

Flex-Deck

LawnSite Silver Member
Just wondering how many accounts you solo workers balance?

I have 30 and a full time job. How do you do it?
You may be a bit shy on the specifics. What mowers do you run? How big are the accounts? I have 19 accounts. My wife and I mow. They range from a double lot to a 22 acre, a 13 1/2 acre area and others and a 40 acre (14 areas) spread out over 120 miles - it adds up to 100 acres per week.
I am mowing 1/2 time for now, and will be full time starting the 2009 season.

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
You may be a bit shy on the specifics. What mowers do you run? How big are the accounts? I have 19 accounts. My wife and I mow. They range from a double lot to a 22 acre, a 13 1/2 acre area and others and a 40 acre (14 areas) spread out over 120 miles - it adds up to 100 acres per week.
I am mowing 1/2 time for now, and will be full time starting the 2009 season.
No more being a dentist Brad?

NewImageLawn&Landscape

LawnSite Member
I average about 105 lawns by myself. I might have 5 postage stamp size houses in my whole route. It all depends on how spread out your lawns are too. 3 of my days I don't think I drive more than 2 miles per day. Also I have atleast 2 lawns per stop.