• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How many clients did you sign up in your first year?

thefed

LawnSite Senior Member
I am just wondering if the results we are experiencing are typical....

I'm running the business (advertising,books,equipment)aspects of a new lawn care company.

We've been able to sign up 25 weekly customers (mow/edge/trim)....average cut $30. Also about $12k in misc work (cleanups/mulch etc). We've done this on a budget of $700....and put out our first ad 23 days ago. We have another $700 worth of ads over the next 2 months coming out. We've given about 50 estimates.

Seems to be quite a start.... Ive never run a business where leads came so easily. I know we are pricing competitively but not lowballing. And the calls just keep coming in 5 or 6 a day....

Raven386

LawnSite Silver Member
i cannot keep up with the phone calls this year. i put out about 50 flyers the other day. but everyone has been getting my info from the website. only 1 person said they saw my flyer, the rest just did searches online.

zz4guy

LawnSite Senior Member
i cannot keep up with the phone calls this year. i put out about 50 flyers the other day. but everyone has been getting my info from the website. only 1 person said they saw my flyer, the rest just did searches online.
Where and how did they find your website using a search?

Raven386

LawnSite Silver Member
guess so. i got it listed in yahoo local, yellow pages, it comes up in google i think. all for free.