How Many Customers Lost Due to COVID

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

I retained just over 90% of mowing contracts. Routes I wanted to keep are intact despite a chaotic economic situation.

I know for certain many the design/build guys were hit hard on Spring work and most maint guys refrained from doing non essential clean ups. Doubt the build guys going to recover anytime soon unless COVID climate changes and full maint service will continue to suffer but the pure Mow/Blow looks like it be fine.

2. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

Mow blow. Lost 10-12 out of 600 directly from virus...doing it themselves because they’re home more and want to do it, or out of work and have to cut expenses...but with everyone home, we have picked up quite a few neighbors that have seen us out.

3. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

gained 3

4. OP
    OP
    Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

I expect to easily pick up the 10% slack once mowing starts. 90% just a few points lower than normal turnover.

At home customers wanting to mow themselves as a respite from their kids/wife was a concern on par with the economic uncertainty

5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

None. Gained 5.

6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Lost a few gained a few. Things are definitely slow going this spring. We just saw our first few "warm" days. I am staying positive things will work out like every year. Got a solid core of clients and have plenty of work lined up.

E-town, Cam15 and TrainingWheels like this.
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Lost none. Gained a couple. Turned down a few more. At my upper limit.

8. prezek

I did lose a 7 acre church today. They were a pain, but never like losing bigger accounts. No money flowing in. A few weeks ago they asked us to hold out until they called for the first mow. I reluctantly obliged. I drove by today and it’s loooooong. Guessing they talked one of their members into doing it? Whoever it is will be hating life.

E-town, Cam15, gcbailey and 2 others like this.
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Guessing giving is down since there are no services in the building.

E-town, Cam15 and Ridin' Green like this.
  10. prezek

Yup. If it was a quick and easy cut I’d think about doing it knowing I’d have the business once things settle down, but they were a pain...and with all the hills and trimming, it’s about 6-7 man hours per cut.

E-town, Cam15, TrainingWheels and 4 others like this.