• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How many Days?

fga

LawnSite Silver Member
How many days does it take you to finish your maintenace route?Weather permitting, I can cut mine in 4 days. During the peak of the summer, I've had almost 100 weekly accounts. As of now, the full year accounts, 60 - 65 weekly, 3 of those bi weekly.
I'm set...... i take Mondays off to get some personal things done, (Sunday is no good if you hate standing in long lines for anything), and Saturday is my cushion, for weather, landscaping job, etc. If weather cooperates, and no job for saturday, I score a 3 day weekend.
I worked this out last year when I became a dad for the first time.

About 5 days, but my lawns are on a 5 day schedule.
I don't expect a day off until the Fourth of July.

Dave

Luscious Lawns

LawnSite Member
During the season I'm doing some project 7 days a week. The L/S truck rolls 5 or 6 days a week. My time off starts at Thanksgiving and ends about Feburary

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'm in with Luscious. I've started about 3 weeks earlier this year, so I already got my first day off, Easter. Usually don't take Memorial Day or July 4th off, because the minute you do, it's a beautiful day, then it rains for the next 3 and you're kicking yourself for just sitting around all day when you could've been working.

I'll work straight through the summer, be done around November 15th, or whenever I've got to put the mower away quick before I hook up the plow to go plowing.

Work 6 1/2 - 7 straight months with 10-15 days off for rain, then sit around for 5 months working 10-15 days with snow.

Not too bad if you think about it....... as long as you don't like taking trips on weekends. :)

Trevors Lawn Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
You guys are telling us how many days it takes you to finish, but what would make it more interesting is to know how many accounts you are doing in those days.

I have 25 and it takes two 1/2 days.

Looking for more jobs always...I put out 1000 fliers today.

TRevor

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
mon + tues for side stuff(mulch, etc) 1/2 wed, all day thurs+ friday for mowing. saturday catch up and or extras(mulch, etc). sunday for alchohol abuse

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
One 3-man crew and one 2-man crew will take them 5 days each week to mow everything.

specialtylc

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
You guys are telling us how many days it takes you to finish, but what would make it more interesting is to know how many accounts you are doing in those days.

I have 25 and it takes two 1/2 days.

Looking for more jobs always...I put out 1000 fliers today.

TRevor
We have less than 50 accounts and it takes us 38 hours to get them done in 4 days. I only do a dozen residentials. Mostly large accounts.