How many google ad clicks expected per call

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bunton Guy, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Do you guys expect or have derived a ratio of how many google ad clicks you get per call you receive?

2. DLL LLC

DLL LLC LawnSite Member

We have been averaging about 14 clicks per call . Only spending between $50 to $70 a month. The important stat though has been nearly a 90 percent closing rate on those calls. Seems that most people calling are not tire kickers or price shopping. They want to get it done. Other key factor has been that these same people are also looking at our website and liking our pictures and reviews.

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Bunton Guy

We have $540 budgeted, and have been getting some decent clicks. Lots of website traffic but not to many calls.

4. OP
    OP
    Bunton Guy

Averaging $4.47 per click too

5. Cjames808

Cjames808 LawnSite Senior Member

Are they going to a landing page to collect their info? Then you call immediately and setup a meeting.

6. OP
    OP
    Bunton Guy

I do have a landing page, nothing to collect their info on. If they would like us to contact them, we do have a "contact us" on our main page & also a 24/7 live chat function on the website.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  7. OP
    OP
    Bunton Guy

So far our "print" advertisements have been knocking google ads out of the water for us. I figured I would give google ads a try for a couple months this season and a couple months in the spring.

Both our print advertisement and google ad share the same call to action. Just thought that google was the hot ticket for advertisement, apparently not yet for us.

I think I might have mentioned it before, but more people call us from finding us organically on google then through our ads. And the odd part is the organic customers are from our area where our shop is, which is not exactly the area we want to do business in seeing that it's pretty rural & we are focusing on fertilization programs, not to many yards fit out niche here locally.

hort101 likes this.
  8. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

We got a post office box in the town where we want to do business, in order to combat that problem.

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

If you're not not throwing a contact form in front of their eyes on that landing page, what is the purpose of the page and what content is on there?

If you notice, much of the landing page design advice removes any navigation or requirement to head elsewhere to contact you. The reason is you want to keep their field of vision and attention level on that deal, at that time, via the contact method placed in front of their eyes. I don't necessarily follow that particular "walling off" school of thought, but that's the psychology of it.

If you keep the landing page with your site's look and feel (nav, etc), you still want to capture them then and there via contact form and phone on that page, preferably as a featured part of the content (an in-content form).

Rework your landing page and you'll see your conversions increase.

It can be for you, you're just not implementing it as well as it could be done. The print ad's call to action has a singular focus. Your Adwords landing page does not.

Nothing odd about that at all. A key signal for Google is proximity. You can build your content to guide Google in knowing where you want to get customers from, however you will always be battling the proximity of searchers to your physical location.

With solid Adwords implementation, you can capture those in your desired market far better than you can with local SEO.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    hort101 likes this.
  10. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Thus the po box in the town where we do business.