Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many hours do you guys have on your machine(s)? Or what is the most you have had in the past? You get extra credit if you know about how many hours a week you put on them. I just hit 500 on my exmark and have had it for 2 years.

· Registered
43 Posts
meter reads 0.3 on my gravely prosteer.....i'm thinking of putting a good coat of wax on before i dirty it. lol

but seriously, anyone have thoughts on breaking it in? owners manual says nothing. i've always babied my autos for the first thousand miles or so, but know these engines are designed to work full throttle.

· Registered
912 Posts
:blob3: my 60" dixie has 5400 on it and its in it 8th year and works evryday, power washed it last week and a landscape buddy of mine asked when i got the new dixie.:p

my walker which is on its 6th season has 4800 hours on it and that works everyday as well.

most of our machines are in the 2000-3000 hour range, we have very few problems (knock on wood), but we a pretty perticular about maintenance, i quess good maint. pays off.

tony

· Registered
940 Posts
Lazer Z 1900+ used once per week and at home 3 acers.
Lazer Z 800
GD Gateway 680
Lazer Zhp 240
We put 500-600 on the 60" per season and 300+ on the walkbehind per season. The hp is new to me a couple months ago. It will take some of the load off the walkbehind.

· Registered
664 Posts
44' Toro w/b 400 hrs - no problems.

· Registered
912 Posts
:blob3: blair, the dixie has a cv 22 this is the second motor and this motor has 2500+ hrs on it, i use a 10w30 with a lucas oil treatment, oil is changed every 50-75 hrs depending on the conditions but we service air filters twice a week using amsoils foam filter oil, almost like bar and chain oil.

the walker is also on its second motor and has over 2000 on it, same prcodure usede on all machines.

tony

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Man I was thinkin 5000+ hours on a Kohler????WTF.

Anyways my Dixie had 600 hours before the Tiny Tach pooped out. About 2000 hours would be my guess on the Dixie. My Exmark HP has right at 100 hours. My WB's; God only knows.:dizzy:

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Bunton 48" gear drive w.b : 1,600 HRS. (3 years old)
Bunton 48" Hydro w.b : 219 HRS. (2nd season)
Scag 52" wb. : 2,000+ HRS. (meter was smashed last month)
Bob-cat diesel 60" Z : 130 HRS (new in spring)
Gravely diesel outfront 72": 7,700 HRS. and counting. (old bugger)
Bobcat 54" hydro w.b : 1 HRS. (brand new)
Bunton 36" hydro w.b : 0.5 HRS. (brand new)

· Registered
3,050 Posts
Glad to see someone else uses Lucas. I had such good luck using it in my truck, I started using it in my mowers also. I use it at 20%.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
I use Marvel Mystery oil as an additive to help clean the crankcase out. And I have been using Wal-mart oil filters in all the mowers and mostly wal-mart brand oil in all the mowers 10W30 & 15W40 and not a problem yet.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.