How many hours are to many?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rerod, Sep 9, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    rerod

rerod LawnSite Member

1000 hrs = 100,000 miles. Got it

But I just bought a honda with 136k and I'm expecting another 80k more.. But Hal is probably talking about American cars.

On that commercial exmark lazer z, a new engine would set someone back 3K! So I'll keep looking for something under 800 hrs.

Like this Spartan?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    That Guy Gary and Cam15 like this.
  2. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

I dunno how good spartan is but that's barely broken in...

3. OP
    OP
    rerod

rerod LawnSite Member

I remembered someone mentioned Spartans on my last thread.. And now that I look, it was you Cam15.. You said.. "Check out spartan mowers do over kill in style!;)
    https://spartanmowers.com/"

4. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I’d have to disagree. A 100,000 mile vehicle isn’t even half used up. Running 300k without major problems isn’t uncommon. A gasoline lawnmower engine is pretty much junk at 1000 hours. Some go more, some go less. I’ve got a Grasshopper with a diesel at 2400 hours and still going strong.

5. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Jack??

6. Mowing monkey.

I’ll be the first one to jump on the American made vehicles and equipment are inferior to foreign mostly Japanese made stuff but America made vehicles of the last 30 years are good for way more than 100k.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. Mowing monkey.

??

8. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Pun from # 8

9. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

Lol, I do try and recommend them to people to atleast check out. They look well built and from what I hear cut great.

10. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Jackleg here.... Gravely with 1900 hrs. Nothing done to the engine. BUT she is a thirsty mistress. Takes a quart a day to keep her running. And I'd never buy one with those type of hours FWIW. LOL.