How many lawns can you cut in one day ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wright48, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey just wondering how everyones does with the amount they cut in one day. I know theres variables in there for small lawns and big lawns but lets say a straight 5000 sq. foot lawn on average residental how many can you bang out in a 8 hour shift. I do just about 20-22 a day if i push my crew of 3 guys comfortably we can do 18 no problem tho. How about everyone else ??????

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You should be able to do 4 an hour with a postage stamp lot of only 5k.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

Myself and one other guy can get 32 done in a 10hour day. Mind you my route is really close together.

4. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Most residential around here have to be done with a 21 inch mower. We're lucky if we can get 8 done in an 8 hour day. Residential is not lucrative here. Too much competition and they have driven alot of the prices below what we need to break even.

P.S. Vancouver B.C. is the Most expensive place to live in North America.
    Come on customers, let the moths out of your wallets!

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

8-10, by myself. Though mine are spaced out pretty far, looking to hit up some places in between the current accounts.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

5k sq ft fully trimmed and mowed and blowed....absolutely no way unless they are all immediately adjacent to one another even then I question it.
    I am speaking as a solo op, not a crew. Also using a WB on these lawns not a Z which would be not a good idea.

Again, these threads produce much smoke.

ltdlawn likes this.
  7. weeze

weeze Banned

you guys that get to cut yards that small have it made. everyone here with small yards cut it themselves for the most part so all that's left is 1/2 acre or larger.

8. earthandturf

earthandturf LawnSite Member

I'm solo and have done up to 20 in 10 hr. day when the lawns aren't growing like crazy. Some of them being over 20k, but most in the 10-15k range. I aim for 30 min. per stop.

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Ok, so you are saying YOU can't do it solo? That wasn't the question. He is talking about a 3 man crew. I quit smoking by the way. I can cut 5k trimmed and done in 20 minutes. I'd hope 3 guys could do it in less time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Platinum Member

I mow 15 a day in 10 hours solo or the same amount with a helper we hit 25-28. Keep in mind I have to trim hedges and spray beds for weeds etc. Yards are all 5k=10k yard done with a 48 stander or 32 walkbehind with velke. None are pushed 5 mile radius. We don't push ourselves to hard it gets to hot for that.