How many lawns can you cut in one day ??

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
3 guys on that area is over kill. I would dare say 2 man crew is far more effeicient. With that said - I run two - two man crews three days a week - they can pop off 18 - 25 / day. Reason why less people with pools seems to take me longer - not sure why!

Darryl G

Inactive
Solo I'm usually cutting 5 to 8 lawns a day but up to 10 or 11 on occasion. I go more by a dollars/day goal than by how many lawns. I try to pull in at least $300/day. My average lawn last season was around $55 with a range of $25 to $175.

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
5k sq ft fully trimmed and mowed and blowed....absolutely no way unless they are all immediately adjacent to one another even then I question it.
I am speaking as a solo op, not a crew. Also using a WB on these lawns not a Z which would be not a good idea.

Again, these threads produce much smoke.
Well said. :clapping:

Also depends on how much trimming or if it even gets trimmed. I could save a tremedous amount of time if I didn’t “correctly trim” propeerties. Correctly IMO means vertical edges around driveways and sidewalks with hard edges. Most around here just do the scalped edge down to the crowns which is faster. Tappered edging on a hair cut looks fine but grass needs length to not turn brown in the summer heat.

fireman gus

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't know how many we could do in a day on 5k yards. It really doesn't matter how many are done in a day as long as you accomplish your whole route by the end of the week. We have very few yards that small, most of ours are 10k and up.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper

LawnSite Member
My best ever is 38 on a 12 hr day with myself and two great guys in mid June. (grass wasn't as long as springtime ). Two huge factories. 10 big estates (same Rd) and 26 regular sized houses. Two 60" riders and a 60" tracer. 4 towns/ cities. Whacked. Blown off. Perfect. But now with me landscaping I like to see a two man crew do 20 in 8-10 hrs. 3 man crew 25 lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

edensgate7

LawnSite Member
I go on acres per day with 2 -3 guys depending on the day. We do a quality mow, trim and blow about 50 acres per week so that means 10 acres per 8 hr. day on average for a 5 day week. If it rains, we work Saturdays or longer week-days....no Sundays. All my 60 accounts are in a 20 mile square area. I feel we are about as efficient as you can get while cutting on an as-needed (not cutting every 7 days wether it needs it or not) schedule:)

cgaengineer

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting thread...subscribed
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Well said. :clapping:

Also depends on how much trimming or if it even gets trimmed. I could save a tremedous amount of time if I didn’t “correctly trim” propeerties. Correctly IMO means vertical edges around driveways and sidewalks with hard edges. Most around here just do the scalped edge down to the crowns which is faster. Tappered edging on a hair cut looks fine but grass needs length to not turn brown in the summer heat.
Seems most responses are that he is slow doing it with three guys. He is comparing a solo operation to a three man crew. He compared apples to oranges. How is that "well said"?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
W

Wright48

LawnSite Senior Member
we can do about 20-22 in an 8 hour day. I try to only work 8 hour days when cutting to cut back on my overtime. But the mowing conditions where i am at are on hills and tuff grades and on a lot of properties we have to use the 21 for theback due to the grade of the back yard. We work 10 hours when where behind or very busy in the spring/fall but other then that i dont want to pay the OT. Ive seen alot of landscaping companies in my area go under from to much overtime.