How many lawns can you cut in one day ??

Blades Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Bronze Member
i am by myself and i just started last year sooo... but i usually do 5 yards in 4 hours... thats not including traveling... is that bad... also what do u pros on here sujest i do to pick uo more yards this year

J & D Greens

LawnSite Senior Member
i am by myself and i just started last year sooo... but i usually do 5 yards in 4 hours... thats not including traveling... is that bad... also what do u pros on here sujest i do to pick uo more yards this year
I don't think that is bad at all, you will increase your speed and skill at what you are doing quickly. You also will find that over time you will get accounts that are neighboring your current accounts and that will also help you with how many accounts you can do. I don't know what size your mowers are but using a 32" mowers will increase your productivity, using 21" mowers only when it is most practical.

I'm solo and have my lawns in a very small area all but two are with in a one mile radius and several stops have three homes together. That saying last year I had 40 accounts total and did them in four eight hour days, carrying any over to Friday if I fell behind due to rain during the week. I do believe that more are possible but I feel that I could take better care of my clients needs if I keep Friday/Saturday open for odd jobs they request.

A two man crew with a tight route can easily do double in 8 hours and even more if they worked 10 hours. I also agree that a three man crew on small lawns would not be as efficient as two trucks with 2 man crews. With the equipment we have these days a three man crew should be doing 20-25 large 15,000 sq. ft.-1 acre accounts a day easily.

I wish I got going with my biz when I was younger but I don't want to push myself at 52 years old. I think I would be doing at least 125-150 higher end accounts with a three man crew than those 35-40 5,000 sq. ft. lawns solo.

Darryl G

Inactive
Unless you're just trimming with it, I would suggest staying away from push mowers...self propelled is the way to go.

J & D Greens

LawnSite Senior Member
I use a 32" Encore belt drive and 21" Toro Prolines mowers when necessary. My lawns are mostly so small that I am considering the worldlawn 28", Toro 30" timesaver or the 25" Yo-Bravo. as my main mower as the 32" is sometimes just to big for these accounts. I work out of a very efficient trailer that holds my 32" and a 21". You can check my set-up out on my pic. thread. Don't laugh to hard at my trailer. I can fit into some tight areas with it and I pull only what I need so my truck isn't wasting gas. I am going to switch to the older flat-bed this season until I get a small 4X4 Toyota to pull that little trailer to get even better gas mileage, making my Ford more of a landscape truck/ back-up mowing truck.

Blades Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a cub cladet 50 inch ztr... Craftsmen 33 in self propelled mower.. Craftsmen 21 in push mower... Echo weed eater and edger... Poulman pro hand held blower... Yeah guys i know, but it's just my second year... I started April of 2011...

Now what I want is to get a scag tiger cat 48 inch... But that's if I can get some buisness this year. And I want to get to the point of where I have to have someone helping me out...... Any of u guys got any tips..
Posted via Mobile Device

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic

johnfaria68

LawnSite Member
Depends on your Crew(s) i do pretty big places most comercial on monday and tuesday start residentials on wed through friday both crews Usually Mow around 15-18 a day