How many lawns can you cut in one day ??

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Not impossible. Very difficult, and more difficult to keep it up all day but my thursday route has 2 clusters of homes where I get 4 done in an hour. 3-5000 sq foot lawns.

Chilehead

LawnSite Silver Member
Not impossible. Very difficult, and more difficult to keep it up all day but my thursday route has 2 clusters of homes where I get 4 done in an hour. 3-5000 sq foot lawns.
I agree. This is possible if all 4 homes are right next to each other, and there are no fences. Granted, mowing conditions have to be dry and one will have to hustle, but it can be done. I looked at a productivity chart, and a 21" deck at 3.5 MPH (brisk walking pace) at 80% efficiency (which means you're accounting for deck overlap) yields 0.6 acres per hour. The square footage in 0.6 acres is 26,136. The math doesn't lie...this is totally possible.

paulsgrass

Banned
I agree. This is possible if all 4 homes are right next to each other, and there are no fences. Granted, mowing conditions have to be dry and one will have to hustle, but it can be done. I looked at a productivity chart, and a 21" deck at 3.5 MPH (brisk walking pace) at 80% efficiency (which means you're accounting for deck overlap) yields 0.6 acres per hour. The square footage in 0.6 acres is 26,136. The math doesn't lie...this is totally possible.
Ok, you guys are Super Men. lololo UNBELIEVABLE !

Let the lies stop here. Say 15 minutes to cut front a back ( that is a really low estimate ). 5 minutes loading , unloading. 5 minuets trimming ( again being modest ). Another 5 minutes to blow. So that is 30 minutes of Super Man speeds. 4 in one hour ? What time zone ?

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
You are not doing that with a 21 or 30 inch push mower. With a tractor NO KIDDING !
No mention of a 21 or 30 inch mower.....You didn't even mention it. Orange mower simply stated 4 an hour he didn't mention a 21 or 30 in his post and you immediately said impossible. Not to mention I don't use a tractor.

Zero mention of mower size. The pic of the post shows you saying impossible to 4 an hour.
Screenshot_2020-01-10 How many lawns can you cut in one day .png

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Ok, you guys are Super Men. lololo UNBELIEVABLE !

Let the lies stop here. Say 15 minutes to cut front a back ( that is a really low estimate ). 5 minutes loading , unloading. 5 minuets trimming ( again being modest ). Another 5 minutes to blow. So that is 30 minutes of Super Man speeds. 4 in one hour ? What time zone ?
You better start doing a better job if you’re not getting the neighbors of your residential lawns, or start being more friendly.
Cut 4 lawns, trim them, edge them, blow them off, done with tome to spare, 5k is pretty small around here.