How many lawns can you cut in one day ??

paulsgrass

Banned
I must be too slow. Anything much bigger then a 30 inch can not get pass the gates to the backyard. I am obviously missing something. Again 21 or 30 inch doing residential front and back is impossible for a single man to do 4 an hour. IMPOSSIBLE.

A friend of mine does 30 plus residential lawns a day with 3 men in a 6 hour period. That is moving at a good pace and all 21 inch walk behinds. But we were working with three men. One for the front one for the back and another trimming and blowing.

Not everyone on here runs with crews. Not many run with multiple men. Most on here run as a single man operation.

Then you have the ones who exaggerate. Nothing but straight cut on 60 or 72 inch machines and say....................................................

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
I must be too slow. Anything much bigger then a 30 inch can not get pass the gates to the backyard. I am obviously missing something. Again 21 or 30 inch doing residential front and back is impossible for a single man to do 4 an hour. IMPOSSIBLE.

A friend of mine does 30 plus residential lawns a day with 3 men in a 6 hour period. That is moving at a good pace and all 21 inch walk behinds. But we were working with three men. One for the front one for the back and another trimming and blowing.

Not everyone on here runs with crews. Not many run with multiple men. Most on here run as a single man operation.

Then you have the ones who exaggerate. Nothing but straight cut on 60 or 72 inch machines and say....................................................
I squeak through a lot of gates here with a 21 and its tight.very small sides to homes here.but then you have your homes that guys can use riders.think it all depends on your area. The pictures from Philadelphia looked strange to me.couldnt tell if there was front/backyards.i agree with what you say but also agree with other posts even though I don't understand them(the area ) but at least its motivation to think and work harder at reaching that potential

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
Ok, you guys are Super Men. lololo UNBELIEVABLE !

Let the lies stop here. Say 15 minutes to cut front a back ( that is a really low estimate ). 5 minutes loading , unloading. 5 minuets trimming ( again being modest ). Another 5 minutes to blow. So that is 30 minutes of Super Man speeds. 4 in one hour ? What time zone ?
5 minutes to load & unload your gear in entirely to long in my opinion. We're at 2-3 min total for load and unload. It's at approximately 30 seconds to unload and another 30 to load when doing city routes with 21s.

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic

Work on your load & unload times and that will help dramatically improve your times. In addition, you can do some stuff on the backyard to improve your times. Quality equipment, well maintained equipment, correctly sized truck & trailer, systematized procedures for each property, weekly cuts for all clients, training clients to keep their yards picked up, taking on clients that you know can be done efficiently,........I can keep going.....

Try fine tuning these things and you to can improve your times. Remember, nothing is IMPOSSIBLE if you BELIEVE Thumbs Up

4674386.jpg

hackitdown

LawnSite Gold Member
Lawns around here average 19k sq/ft. Working solo with a 52 ZTR, averaging slightly more than one per hour is about all I could ever do. So 8 or 9 in 8 hours. Mow, trim, blow.

Two guys can get almost double. Part of the reason is that with more lawns, and more seasons under your belt, the routes get better, and the terrible lawns get dropped. Maybe 13 or 14 in the spring, maybe 15/16 when its dry and hot.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Have to see it to believe it. But IMPOSSIBLE. 21 mower , one man cutting back and front, trimming and blowing. Not a chance. Possibly 3 every 2 hours for average sized subdivision lots.
Here, most residents lots of that size can be done with 48's to 60's. Walk behinds. With 21's would be tough.

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member

well i run a 21-36-52 set up sir. I cut 30 in a bit over 10 each day. It can be done man. But the truth in mowing is that if you can think it through, see it in your head you can change gears to loose time off each yard. I carry a book strictly on splits/lawn and if i don’t get to a certain amount at a certain time I’m not finishing. As long as it’s cut nice for folks they’re happy with it. Lawns are not nukes but is a learning curve above just cutting, trimming blowing if you want to make more money. I’ll probably top at about 160/week this year. Rain or shine I’m cutting, different techniques on both. I cut 645-515 every day. Rush to maryland to cut both properties and crab Saturday. On the road 5 am for 8am go on cutting sundays. If you invite me to your wedding I’m bringing my mowers if that makes any sense on the volume i cut. There are ways to make tons and tons and tons of money at this job by just thinking outside the box.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
well i run a 21-36-52 set up sir. I cut 30 in a bit over 10 each day. It can be done man. But the truth in mowing is that if you can think it through, see it in your head you can change gears to loose time off each yard. I carry a book strictly on splits/lawn and if i don’t get to a certain amount at a certain time I’m not finishing. As long as it’s cut nice for folks they’re happy with it. Lawns are not nukes but is a learning curve above just cutting, trimming blowing if you want to make more money. I’ll probably top at about 160/week this year. Rain or shine I’m cutting, different techniques on both. I cut 645-515 every day. Rush to maryland to cut both properties and crab Saturday. On the road 5 am for 8am go on cutting sundays. If you invite me to your wedding I’m bringing my mowers if that makes any sense on the volume i cut. There are ways to make tons and tons and tons of money at this job by just thinking outside the box.
Pretty sure you created the box!!

Haven't read anywhere of anyone touching your productivity.