How many Lawns do yall mow / day

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah that's a difficult one to answer to have any real meaning. One three man crew I try to get them grossing at least a thousand a day. And I know for some people they will say a three man should be grossing twice that cutting lawns. All I can say is the route is decently tight, a few outliers that cost a little time. I'd personally shoot for a gross number if you have the rest of your numbers down.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah that's a difficult one to answer to have any real meaning. One three man crew I try to get them grossing at least a thousand a day. And I know for some people they will say a three man should be grossing twice that cutting lawns. All I can say is the route is decently tight, a few outliers that cost a little time. I'd personally shoot for a gross number if you have the rest of your numbers down.
I don't use 3 man crews any more.
1 - two man crew and 2- one man crews. My 2 man crew will average right about $1200 on an 8 hr day.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
We shoot for 8 the on the clock. 30 min lunch off.

I will agree a 2 man crew is probably and arguably the most efficient. When I tried running a 2 man the problems occurred when one of the two called out or just no showed.
I do have 1 younger guy. 24 yrs old.
He has messed up a few days calling in sick. Usually on Monday. Hmmm.
My older guys 49 to 57 never ever call in sick. And out work any of the younger guys I've had over the yrs.
Although they get $18 per hr.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
Years ago when I was also always in the mow truck (before chem apps) I asked my 3 main guys would they prefer a 4-10, vs a 5-8. All said a 4-10. By midweek all of them collectively said they wanted to go back to 5-8.

When I was starting out I did the 6-12 probably like most on here and did so for years.