Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture this: Everything is done on the property, you just finished mowing with your ZTR, you turn off the blade, flip a switch, gun the throttle and none other than Hurricane Andrew stops by your property and wisks away all the debris to the next zip code!

Well, maybe not, but a ~24HP blower duct near thee bottom of your mower, which is powered by the on-board motor, can be used to blow off your property in a matter of seconds.

Why, oh why, doesn't this exist? How many of you would spend an extra $1,000.00 or so to have a built in blower on your mower? Let's start petitioning the companies to look into this...... OR, has it already been made???

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Why don't you just use the blades on your deck??

Just drive up on the driveway and turn the blades on??

Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you'll have to drive forwards or backwards.

I do this on all my commercial accounts, along the curb lines. Just turn the blades on, drive about 3" from the curb, everything gets blown back over the curb into the grass.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
LwnmwrMan22 said:
Why don't you just use the blades on your deck??

Just drive up on the driveway and turn the blades on??

Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you'll have to drive forwards or backwards.

I do this on all my commercial accounts, along the curb lines. Just turn the blades on, drive about 3" from the curb, everything gets blown back over the curb into the grass.
What I have found with doing this is depending on the condition of the pavement or particularly asphalt, this can be pretty tough on the cutting edge of the blades.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I do the same thing in alot of cases, as for the blades they are going to get repalced with sharp ones at the end of the day anyway......

I have found that my Stander clears debris better while moving backwards.

Finally, another great advantage to the Stander is that I can ride the mower with my BP blower on and use the blades and the blower to really clear things quickly.....

Derek

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fantasy Lawns said:

Walker makes one .... but in reality how effective is it gonna be on yards .... one large parking lots or doing road way stuff maybe
That Walker doesn't look like a hybrid, does it? I am picturing blower equipment hooked to the powerplant behind the seat. Real unsuspecting looking, until a flip of a switch, or a pull of a lever and I blow you into next tuesday with a nozzle near the drive tires! There is no reason why this couldn't be done, I just wish it was an option on many mowers. I carry several commerical accounts which this theoretical product would make my time shrink like you know what. I could have a 16 HP blower on board my Hustler! Holy Shyte, the sheer force that comes to mind! THe power to flood whole sections of my properties with violent, torrential, billowing rushes of wind! Oh, mother nature at your fingertips! I can see the squirrels, gophers and prairie dogs running for cover while I recline on my throne sipping lemonade half asleep, making $100 an hour!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's kind of funny . I was just thinking about this blower thing the other day when my helper was leaving for vacation . What about hooking the blower for the vacuum on your Lazer Z and having a controle to aim the air flow after cutting?

Steve

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
steve225 said:
It's kind of funny . I was just thinking about this blower thing the other day when my helper was leaving for vacation . What about hooking the blower for the vacuum on your Lazer Z and having a controle to aim the air flow after cutting?

Steve
Who do you think you are, God? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.