How many offer Pest Control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nate@TLCS, Dec 13, 2007.

  1. Nate@TLCS

    Nate@TLCS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 97

    How many of you offer "Indoor" pest control? And how do you charge? Going rates in my area are $40-$80 per visit. Thankyou in advance.
  2. sclawndr

    sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 326

    Some offer exterior perimeter treatments which are very effective at keeping most bugs out and are very profitable. You really don't want to go inside - it's slower, requires a whole different level of licensing and knowledge and requires a customer to be home at the time of application.
  3. humble1

    humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA
    Messages: 2,519

    i offer perimeter , talstar on the beds and lawn, I spray tempo on the foundation
    I wouldnt go inside.

    LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana
    Messages: 1,283

    FYI Some states (e.g. Indiana) require a seperate licence to apply even exterior perimeter treatments. I have that license & have let my cust. know that indoor treatments are avail., but it hasn't gone anywhere... It does seem as if it would be it's own headache:hammerhead: Probably best left up to regular pest control guys. There is a LOT more involved in that stuff. Lawn problems are EASY compared to pest problems indoor. There are so many different pest, structures, sanitary conditions, etc, you really need to have some time to devote to that end...........
  5. ted putnam

    ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,744

    Flea/Tick Control is something I get request from customers occasionally.I never have advertised but I'm relatively sure it wouldn't take much advertising to make a load of money. Stretched for time and don't have a dedicated rig for this. Something for guys with more time,help and tank to make some extra $$$$. Ialso made some extra this past year doing Fire Ant Control. Of course not all areas of country have Fire Ants.
  6. FdLLawnMan

    FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,253

    I received my certification this past spring dur to several requests from customers. All I have ever used is a Shurflo backback sprayer with a wand extension. Did about a dozen exterior treatments and about 4 interior treatments. In Wisconsin it is the same certification. It can be a real money maker and the products are very effective. I have used Suspend & Tempo and will use Talstar for ants next year.

    Mike I
    Mike's Total Lawn Care
  7. humble1

    humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA
    Messages: 2,519

    my license i can use granular talstar on the perimeter, i cant use liquid talstar because its labeled as a termiticide. So i cant apply that, but can spray any non termiticide product, tempo. I am offering tick control lyme disease is big up here. I think anytime their is a "fear factor" with kids and animals, then there is a good market.
  8. Nate@TLCS

    Nate@TLCS LawnSite Member
    Messages: 97

    I know about the licensing for structural pest control, the test doesn't seem too hard. I do offer perimeter pest control but in Illinois you can't apply to the outside of the structure w/o the license. I was just curious if it was somthing that people offered through their lcc.

Share This Page