How many ounces of marker dye are u guys using?

woodlawnservice

LawnSite Bronze Member
I see some people here that barely use any and some who looks like they painted the lawn... What ratio are u guys using?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
W

woodlawnservice

LawnSite Bronze Member
Some use it some don't. A lot of guys like it for marketing purposes and the customer likes seeing it from what I'm reading...
Posted via Mobile Device

johnsonslawnmanagement

LawnSite Senior Member
Anywhere from 1 oz per gallon and up to 3. I only like to leave a very slight blue tint for marketing, not painted blue like some lunatics do: looks like smurf piss everywhere. I generally use 12 ounces in 18 gallons of water through a z-spray but I prefer to use tire tracks as my marker. Blue dye to me is just used to indicate off target application or self contamination.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hogjaw

LawnSite Senior Member
have 20 gal tank on sprayer and I use somewhere between 3 to 5 ounces per tank. Most time 4 ounces/tank.

excellent for marking long runs. Have some that are 1+ acres and dye makes it easier so I don't have to strain to see previous tracks.

20 gals of mix covers a little over an acre. have 6 nozzles and total output is 54 ounces per K.

Dye cost is approximately $56 gal.

know what you mean about them painting lawn, tech probably was not the one who paid for it!

I see some people here that barely use any and some who looks like they painted the lawn... What ratio are u guys using?
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie

LawnSite Senior Member
Anywhere from 1 oz per gallon and up to 3. I only like to leave a very slight blue tint for marketing, not painted blue like some lunatics do: looks like smurf piss everywhere. I generally use 12 ounces in 18 gallons of water through a z-spray but I prefer to use tire tracks as my marker. Blue dye to me is just used to indicate off target application or self contamination.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is what I thought also. I also thought it was for spraying gravel areas. I wasnt aware you could see the blue dye on the turf.

SOONER GREEN

LawnSite Member
1 quart per 100 gal. is the standard. use more or less to your taste.