• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How many times have you had a sprinkler system come on while cutting

I had it happen to me 102 degree weather. Best thing that ever happened to me while mowing(Or so it seemed at the time).
I did an extra good job on the lawn so it would take a little longer:)

General Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
I had it happen. The old guy did it on purpose, I came around the corner and he was at the control box laughing his azz off.

Next week I re-adjusted one of the rotors so it would soak his smoking chair on the porch. I'll bet sitting on that wet foam for a morning smoke had him thinking of me, laughing my azz off.:laugh:

I'll always one-up a joker.:jester:

Not really all that often unless the irrigation program has been altered. My crews adhere to a pretty uniform schedule and they know what properties are serviced on what days.
I have only had one real pita who kept changing the programmed times on his controller. After a couple of times of interference I got fed up with re-routing this one pita. Seems he was changing the program times.
I don't think he was trying to mess with my guys, I just think he didn't understand a Hunter Pro-C controller.

PhillyShells

LawnSite Member
System turned on a few times just as I was pulling up to the house but never while I was working. But I have been ambushed on a golf course quite a few times - on the fairways and while putting on greens they just pop on !

Potchkins

LawnSite Senior Member
twice on the same yard in the same week