How many use revolving renewals

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hineline, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I have many customers that don't want to be bothered with renewals every year. They tell me to just continue apps until they say to stop

2. Burnie

Burnie LawnSite Member

My service agreement states

The Service Will Be Done Automatically. Pricing is subject to change. Notice will be given one service in advance of any price changes. You may cancel this service at any time as there are NO CONTRACTS.

So I keep doing it until they say stop, never had a problem, and I have customers I have been doing for over 10 years.

tdoeizreal, kemco and hort101 like this.
  3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

i also send out a letter every year it say if you dont call and cancel we will be out to treat your yard.

4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Same as Burnie for a decade an never had a problem.

Burnie likes this.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly what I do. Send out treatment program and price, and will do unless YOU CONTACT US to canx.

CHARLES CUE likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the best way to handle this. People are busy and if you are doing what they want they will continue the service until they don't want the service anymore.

Marine03112 likes this.
  7. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

I tell my clients, "you hire us until you fire us". I just send out a letter every spring letting them know we will be resuming service soon. Never had any issue.

8. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know i would not want to try to get 300 people to call or contact me back to say yes go ahead and do it. But i do like to send them a reminder after 4 months or so they might forget about you. if there was some thing i did for them in the winter i wouldn't be so bad.

9. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Except for last year (had some family stuff going on) we mail a letter to all of our customers, around 450 give or take around the first of February, our slowest month. A one page flyer usually "what's new and better this year" and we bullet point around 3 or 4 things. With and thanks for your past and continued business.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. You do the "Ill send out renewals and wait for response from the customers" thing, and guess what will happen. Very few will contact you to resume service, and you are stuck chasing people around as busy spring season gets underway. NO thanks.

tdoeizreal and CHARLES CUE like this.