1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How many weeks in Florida (Contract)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nelson, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering If anybody that lives in Florida, can tell me how many times they put on a contract as far as visits?

I want to start this coming up spring to put any new customers on Yearly contracts. Just wondering what would be a good number?

I tried "Search", but nothing that really gave me any numbers.

Also I want to thank everybody on this site & Lawnsite itself for all the good Info. I am one of the fortunate ones who has been blessed with this website. I am sure that alot were not so blessed when they were starting thier Lawn Service. Thanks Again...................
    :)

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I myself only have contracts for St Augustine grasses that have some form of irrigation. These lots I figure 46 cuts a year. A well maintained lawn in the summer may have to be cut every four days.

Bahi grasses I do per cut.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I base my mowing contracts on " up to 36 cuts per year". Anything over that is priced per cut. I personally don't put irrigated yards on contracts. I seem to come out better per cut on those. That's my opinion, for my area, others will vary.

4. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

My average amount of cuts on each lawn this year has been 28 with my own service. However, the guy I am working for bases his by so many cuts a month. Summer gets once a week while winter usually gets once a month. The spring and fall are usually 2 or 3 cuts. It's all in how the customer feels is right for them.

5. No Sweat L/C

No Sweat L/C LawnSite Member

I usally average 42-44 cuts here in Central Florida. I cut weekly from April though Dec. In the winter I cut every-other week. Even just to make some tracks in the grass or mulch up some Oak leaves.
    I have gotten new accounts in the winter becouse some of the other guys don't cut as often in the winter or start every-other week in Oct.

I don't use contracts, I give all new accounts a written proposial of what they will get from my services. A good hand shake has always worked for me.

6. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

I'm about 5 hours directly due west from you off of I-10. My residentials are 32 - 36 visits/yr, dependant upon the amount of trees.

7. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I base mine on 40 cuts per year. I cut every week April - October. Every other week November - March.

I am eliminating the per cut accounts, either by changing them to monthly or dropping them.

8. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

My residentials are 22 visits. Most commercials are 30 + depending on their hot points.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing: (42-40 visits each year)

Growing Season: April through October: Mowing of all turf areas once a week, with a mulching mower in varying patterns to minimize rutting, removal of 1/3 blade height.

Dormant Season: November through March: Mowing of all turf areas once every other week or as needed to maintain a neat overall appearance.

10. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

On St Aug grass anywhere from 40 to 46 cuts. On Bahaia 30-36 cuts per year. When bidding allways ask how many cuts per year.:blob3: