• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How many yards of concrete

bigviclbi

LawnSite Senior Member
How many yards of concrete to pour a 12x12 slab 6" thick for a hottub. I've only done two and they were 8x8 and used bags, and i know that was probably more expensive. Anyone in NJ tell me how much they would charge for this, how much a yard($100?), how much for delivery? How long do I get the truck for? I will only need to move the concrete about 30 feet. Thanks for all the information.

ChampionLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thats almost 4 Tons or 2.66 yards. Clayton Charges $100 bucks fuel surcharge on ANYTHING until further notice. Not sure what their per CY charge is but I get notices mailed to me monthy and their prices went up several dollars per CY since December 06. Better price it good, or just go rent a mixer from Home Depot. (I own my own and love it)

hollywoodjoe

LawnSite Member
What are you building a skyscraper foundation?$ 4" with rebar and heavy mesh will hold alot of weight,and i thought i overbuilt things.

tnpete

LawnSite Member

CJO

LawnSite Member
Just multiply 12 x 12 x 0.5, which gives you the cubic feet of concrete and divide by 27 to change it to 2.67 cubic yards. Order 3 yards for shrinkage/waste/etc.

CJ