what do you think would be going$$$$$$$$$$
rate, probably 1.5-1.75 man hrs.

needs push mowing in deep shade.

I think I under bid it
take a guess what you would charge

somewhere between $25-80$... I shoulda bid 80

· Registered
1,427 Posts
The going rate for a push mowing job? Why does it have to be push mowed? You cant expect alot if you are going to just whip out a push mower from your trunk or something. Dont get me wrong. dont get me wrong but sounds like this lawn is to big for you if you are useing a push mower.

· Registered
14,876 Posts
12M really isn't that much, but I'm kind of confused with the "14 minutes to blow it off" thing. What are you using, fireplace bellows?

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$65 bucks and he said sweet,
Im using his mower, I told him you must fire chem lawn

Due to high N there is no roots system and it rips up turf with
other mowers,
so i am going to overseed use good fertilizers, get a root system
and eventually use my bobcat 48 wb w/o jungle wheels

I dont push mow much but dont know the going rate

Its not very thick or nice cause chemlawn sucks but it will be

· Registered
2,894 Posts
If I were the homeowner I would never pay $80 for a mow, trim & blow on 12K of turf. If you can get that kind of money for the job, go for it! I don't know what equipment you're using, but if it is a 21er then your productivity will suffer vs. someone mowing the same property with a 48 hydro who can finish the job in 40 minutes for around $40 - $50. I don't know what this property is like, exactly, I'm just ball-parking it here.

I have some large properties (couple of acres) I mow with my 48 hydro that are a tad out of my target rate because I have to bid them like an LCO with a 60 Z rider. It's either that or don't land the account. They are good properties for me this year, but I will probably either cull them out of my route or buy a bigger mower. These properties are not out of my league, but I make better money on smaller properties because they're a better match for my equipment (e.g. tiny yard I wipe out in 18 min = $30; 45 min. job = $65).

· Registered
3,084 Posts
12000 should take an hour if you are really mowing. I mow my own yard with a 21 sometimes. It is 15000 sq ft +or- a little and it takes me right around 1.15 for mow and 2 hours trim.
If you dont have alot of trimming I would bid right at 85 and let him know once you get the turf seeded to where you can actuall use a real mower you will only charge 50. He will think He will be getting a bargain when the turf is in good shape and you will be making out either way. Xtras(seeding, aerating, fertilizing) and mowing = good money. Just make sure he knows why he is getting charged the premium price (His lawn is not apt to be mowed with a larger mower).
If he doesnt go for it then it is a tossup on wether the xtras are making you enough to keep doning.
Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.