How much agitation for liquid herbicides in water?

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
For liquid 3 way formulations, you just need initial agitation to mix. I use a PG, fill 1/2 with water, add my chem and sticker, shake the machine, and fill to the top. Done.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
My opinion is that ester formulations that form a milky solution--do have a tendency to settle out. I think I killed some grass that way using the solution after it sat overnight in my Permagreen.
Three-way products seem to work fine. A bit of recycle of excess flow should work as adequate agitation. It is a good idea to run the pump for 60 seconds when first starting out in the morning to make sure it is well mixed.

OP
Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername

LawnSite Silver Member
My opinion is that ester formulations that form a milky solution--do have a tendency to settle out. I think I killed some grass that way using the solution after it sat overnight in my Permagreen.
Three-way products seem to work fine. A bit of recycle of excess flow should work as adequate agitation. It is a good idea to run the pump for 60 seconds when first starting out in the morning to make sure it is well mixed.
Are their any other formulations you would not recommend using unless you can properly agitate? What is the best formulation for minimal agitation?

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
OP I assumed you used all of your mix same day. Leaving mix sit in the tank too long is never a good idea.