How much are my yards worth?

Joseph Miller

LawnSite Member
I mow around 20 yards per week, own a 14 foot gator made trailer, john deere 737 zero turn, and a weed eater and two blowers. How much could a sell my equipment and accounts for? Thanks

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
One to two weeks mowing take is probably the best you could possibly get for the lawns. Need more info on the equipment. Age, hours etc.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
That's why it is still on Facebook. He's also farting unicorns. Don't mean to be harsh but lawns are hardly worth crap IF u have a contract. If you don't one to two mows at most. Don't hate the messenger.

To relate that would mean roughly I could sell my mowing side of my of my biz for $400k. That's laughable. If I could I would have years ago and I'd now be texting from some beach in Mexico. One to two mows brother. That's realistic.

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
People can ask whatever they want when selling something, what they get is a different story. Why do you want to sell your business? Sure beats working for someone else in my opinion.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
But maybe his equipment is worth $25k. I don't know his or your equipment. That's where the value will be found.

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
saw a guy last year selling 16 accounts with equipment for 38,000.think it was two honda commercial 21.two trimmers,a blower,enclosed trailer and some junky hand tools.couldn't believe the price.im pretty sure his accounts were acre lots in the area.acre meaning house,beds,pool,landscape on 1 acre.i asked him about selling his commercial mowers separate and he said no and recommended I don't get into the business because theirs no money.i have seen another guy driving the business around,but I'm guessing he got less than 10,000$ because its hard to sell anything around here,or even charge anything around here like he alluded to

OP
J

Joseph Miller

LawnSite Member
I just thinking about it because i'm graduating this year and don't know if I should continue with lawns or get a full time job or just do both. I can do all of them within three days while taking classes so i'm sure i could do them in the evenings or something.

No gloves

LawnSite Senior Member
I just thinking about it because i'm graduating this year and don't know if I should continue with lawns or get a full time job or just do both. I can do all of them within three days while taking classes so i'm sure i could do them in the evenings or something.
you may find out you don't like school.i didnt,and I became successful by hard work and spending/saving money wisely.but you should talk to parents/family.if you belong to a church that's an easy way to ask other people about their jobs or volunteer at their own business.i know my nephew works for a church member and volunteers at a coder shop and is learning the ropes to hopefully one day open his own

OP
J

Joseph Miller

LawnSite Member
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I hope to start my own business one of these days but don't know what direction to head. I do a lot of buying and selling which i enjoy and then I do the lawns but i'm looking to get into a career. The hard thing is to find something that I can make the same as I do now without experience.