1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How much are these lawns worth?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by barryd, Mar 16, 2003.

1. barryd

barryd LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have a buddy in the lawn care business that is wanting to sell off some of his accounts. These lawns take in $195 per week.

What is a fair asking price?

I need your advice quickly!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

:)

2. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

#1 How much guarantee do you have on the accounts?

#2 Roughly 4 cuts is about what people like to pay.

#3 I would not buy them straight out. buy them on a % Say if you buy them for 4 cuts and there are 30 cuts in your season. Give him 13.3% of each cut for the season or something like that. Make the person you are buying them from have a vested interest in the quality, and continuation of these accounts.

#4 Find out why he is getting rid of these accounts.

Hope this helps

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree find out why hes getting rid of these accounts ad base the price on that, the most I have ever paid for an account is two mows worth so I would'nt give him more the $400.00 per account..and make sure that they are on contract these people (accounts) could only be using him because they have knowen him for a long time..They could drop you after only a few weeks for a cheaper company, I've seen it happen many times before. So I would'nt pay more then two mows worth, but its your choice.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

$195 for a total or each?

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would'nt pay more then two weeks worth of mowing each, neve have never will....

6. barryd

barryd LawnSite Member
    from KY

Thanks for help advice, guys. There are five accounts that total $195 per week.

Keep it coming. I was thinking of offering $195 for the accounts.

Thanks again!

7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

12 pack of his fav beer........