• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

How much are you guys spending on Google adwords clicks?

Gus McGee

LawnSite Member
It seems prices have been going through the roof over the past two years for Google adwords clicks. Average cost per click for things such as "landscaper near me" is around 20 dollars per click now. We've gotten a lot of work through Google ads over the years, but these prices lately are rough.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
Forgive my ignorance as I know nothing about Google adwords. But what do you mean by $7-8 per click? What does this add up to for monthly cost?
each time our add is displayed on google and someone clicks on the link, I pay about $7-8. It costs us around $3000 per month. About 25% of those that click the link will enter their info or call us for pricing. A little less than half of those that ask for pricing will become clients. So I would say 1 out of 9 will become a client. It’s that easy

BrendonTW

LawnSite Bronze Member
each time our add is displayed on google and someone clicks on the link, I pay about $7-8. It costs us around $3000 per month. About 25% of those that click the link will enter their info or call us for pricing. A little less than half of those that ask for pricing will become clients. So I would say 1 out of 9 will become a client. It’s that easy
So many people spend tons of money advertising and don’t measure it at all. It’s good that you know your numbers.

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
You do know that Google adwords is not for your benefit.
It is for you to pay google.
$3000 per month. Lol.
I've not spent $3000 in the past 5 yrs on advertising.
We grow from local awareness of our presence, and word of mouth.
If you make people happy, you will grow. Period.
Everyone is so hung up on internet presence they've forgotten about local reality.
If 300 local companies are all paying google $3000 per month does Google give a damn. Nope you've all been sucked into the lie of (you need a web presence).
We needed an attorney this past year, what was eye opening was this. Good attorneys do not advertise on the internet. They have a really local reputation.
Have a simple Facebook page.
That describes what you do. And ph number.
Otherwise your only paying clicks like 300 others suckers every day.
It's just an online lottery of who they call. Goggle don't care, they makes billions per month from click click click.

grass man 11

LawnSite Senior Member
You do know that Google adwords is not for your benefit.
It is for you to pay google.
$3000 per month. Lol.
I've not spent $3000 in the past 5 yrs on advertising.
We grow from local awareness of our presence, and word of mouth.
If you make people happy, you will grow. Period.
Everyone is so hung up on internet presence they've forgotten about local reality.
If 300 local companies are all paying google $3000 per month does Google give a damn. Nope you've all been sucked into the lie of (you need a web presence).
We needed an attorney this past year, what was eye opening was this. Good attorneys do not advertise on the internet. They have a really local reputation.
Have a simple Facebook page.
That describes what you do. And ph number.
Otherwise your only paying clicks like 300 others suckers every day.
It's just an online lottery of who they call. Goggle don't care, they makes billions per month from click click click.
I honestly don’t care if google gets rich off of me, as long as I am growing at a rate I’m happy with. Yes word of mouth is great. But we are looking to grow faster than that. And it’s not a roll of the dice as you indicated, its a science when you get into it. Now it’s like a vending machine. Put $80 in the top, out comes a new client in the bottom. The new client is worth $8000 over 4 years. Plug in your COGS percentage from there. I’ll spend that all day.