1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much are you paying for a soil test?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toxic man, Jan 26, 2005.

1. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

I am curious, how much are you guys paying for a siol test? I am finding prices in the 35 dollar range. Is there a cheaper place to get them done? I am in So CAl.

Thanks
    Lou,
    Weed Solutions Inc

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

12 or 15 bucks plus 3.85 to ship. Try clc labs or spectrum analytical in ohio.

3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

How much you pay depends on what you are testing for. A basic test which measures soil pH, buffer pH, P, K, Ca, and Mg will run $10-$15. Add on a micro-nutrient test, soil profile, soluable salts, etc and you can get it up to $35 or more. We use CLC labs and send them in through Lesco.

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

$8 in Georgia through the Cooperative Extension Service. Almost every county in the state has a local office.

They send the samples to UGA in Athens.

5. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

I am looking a the wheel spray product. Anyone have any opinions to the pro or con?

Thanks

Lou Weed Solutions

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

$7.50 to $32 depending what you test for.
    Here is a link for California.

7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

8. Mats

Mats LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you using <a href="http://soilandplantlaboratory.com/">Soil and Plant Laboratory</a> in Orange? You might check with <a href="http://ceriverside.ucdavis.edu/">Riverside Co. Extension Office</a> and see what they charge.