• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

How much debt do you have?

ColePyck

LawnSite Member
So I have been thinking a lot about getting a new truck, which would bring my business into more debt. I can justify because my older half ton is on its last legs. Then I look around at the largers companies in town and think that they must have HUGE amounts of debt. So how large are you and how much debt do you guys carry with still being able to sleep at night ?

FIRESCOOBY

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am solo and only have what is listed below.

Everything is paid for minus the truck and I currently owe $15,379.57 on it. I will be selling or trading the Mini-Z in on either a SuperZ or Exmark next Spring. I won't be financing it though. Pay only cash or it doesn't get bought.

Prestige-Lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Not counting the truck .. which I had before starting this full time ... $0.00 debt. All equipment is paid for in full.

With that said ... truck payment ... mortgage ... camper ... and the usual host of other bills ... cell, satellite TV, utilities, ... and the biggie ... 2 teenagers!!!

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
Truck loan balance is around 26K...

The 36" exmark which I bought a couple weeks ago, that's around 4800 or so.

The truck is 0% for the life of the loan, and the mower is no payments, 0% interest for a year. We'll have it paid for well before that.

All my other equipment/trailer etc, I do not owe anything on.