• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

How much did you spend on advertising this winter/spring?

Jake Wolf

LawnSite Member
I'm trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get new clients. Is it flyers, mailers, word of mouth, paid referrals, website...?

I know there are plenty of routes for sales at 1-2x a month's fee, but can I acquire jobs cheaper on my own?

Bill S

LawnSite Member
Jake,

I developed a website and optimized it over the winter. We are getting great results! There is 15 to 20 calls a week generated from the website! Of course we don't land them all, but we are booking well in advance.

Website cost me $10 for the domain plus $12 per month.

I wish I had started with the website 3 years ago! Just make sure you optimize, otherwise... if you have a website and no one knows about it, do you really have a website?

Vikings

LawnSite Bronze Member
$3000 in flyers but a lot of it was wasted because I got so flooded with calls I couldn't do a lot of the work. (Power Raking)

procut

LawnSite Bronze Member
About $200 on a newspaper ad - got 2 or 3 crap jobs from it. I think door hangers and flyers are tacky, so the majority of my work comes from referals and cold calls.

Bill S

LawnSite Member
Mark

To optimize your website means to have keywords, text and meta tags relevant to the product/service you are trying to sell. It is what makes your website come up higher in google, yahoo, msn, etc searches.

It lets the world know you have a website, or more importantly, your geographical area know you have a website.