• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

How much did you spend on your FIRST truck??

twins_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey there everyone,
I was just curious to see how much you guys spent on your first truck for your LCO?

I mean, the very first, not the first one you liked!

I am looking to get a truck to better handle the workload this year, and am out to the market. I know none of what you have will affect my decision, but I am curious to see where everyone started.
This could be fun, so....

If you have a picture, and some info on your first truck (car:eek: ) put it up here.

Thanks for the input guys!

GLS

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't know if my first truck can be considered my first "lawn" truck or not. Business wasn't really official at the time, but it hauled around a 6x12 trailer for a few months.

$3,500 for the old '89 Silverado C1500 4.3L auto

The first "official" lawn truck I guess is my current one.

$10,000 1995 Chevy K2500HD with dump/plow.

-- Old vs. New --

trucks.jpg

fga

LawnSite Silver Member
1st 86 ford e350 van............ $1200
2nd 86 chevy 30 Box truck....$1000 ( JUNK JUNK JUNK)
3rd 89 ford f 150 pick up........$500 ( awesome , miss it)
4th '86 f250 pick up........$2500 (useing it now)
5th '84 dodge 350 dump truck w/ plow ...$3000 (just bought, love it so far, can't wait for the season to start!!)

Are you pulling a trailer, or putting your equipment in your truck? That makes a difference. If your putting it inside your truck, a van is excellent. as a matter of fact, my first van above i sold to a family member 6 years ago, i'm debating buying it back from him soon.
I guess if you're alittle handy with the wrenches, you don't have to spen as much on a truck. I could never calculate the money I've saved turning wrenches myself.

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Bill,
Must have been a popular color that year, Mine even had the same rust trim. But they were built like a tank and weighed as much too.

Mac