Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just starting out this year, and want to plan on aerating in the fall to earn some money for better equipment next year. We were wondering about how much is an average price for this service?
Say for a 1/4 acre residential?
1/3 acre
1/4 acre

Or do you guys just charge by the hour?
Just want to get an idea on what to quote, as this seems like it will be a great way to supplement our cash flow.
Thanks again everyone,

TWINS Lawn Care :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lawncare, please enlighten us with your rate. Being that you are 16, I am sure you have years of experience aerating lawns. $13/1000 is the average rate for my area. If there was such a thing as a 2k yard here, I would get $26 for about 15 minutes of work.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Originally posted by General Grounds
:blob3: goin rate around here is like .10 per square foot, w/o seed, and .15 w/ seed
Do you mean to tell me that the going rate near you is $100.00 per 1000 sq. ft.??? That would be around $2000.00 for an average subdivision half-acre. We come in at around $13. to $15. per M. There is a 4M minimum, though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
GG, I think you are incorrect in your calculations. I know the cost of living is higher out there, but not that high. Some others from NJ and other eastern states have posted that $10-$12/k sq.ft. is the norm, not $100/k sq. ft. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a huge difference in price for people in the same state.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
So, for the price of one subdivision sized aeration job, you can go out buy a nice, brand new aerator? Hmm, it seems like everyone with a lawn would own one. That would be like paying for a lawnmower with one cut. - Just seems strange to me...but, whatever the road will bare, I guess.
Actually, where is this, exactly? I'll come down there for a weekend and bring my stuff. Man, set myself up with 2 - one acre jobs, and I've made $8000. minus a bit of driving expense, but hey, I'LL drive down there for an 8 to 10,000 weekend!

·
Registered
901 Posts
:blob3: lombardi, dont mean to sound like a D**K but aeration is the one thing everyone out here charges top $ for and gets it, out of all my friends how are in the bus. im one of the cheaper ones, they tell me to up the cost. you also have to keep in mind we also work in an area where these people do not do "anything" for themselves, if anyone else is formiliar w/ my area they'll agree. tony

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.