1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

how much do you pay for an exmark tthp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlandscaping, Mar 10, 2002.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I have been convinced by the members on this site and by my exmark dealer to have my next machine be an exmark tthp. I am looking at the 48inch 17hsp with ecs. The cost is $4999 and for the electric start it is $5199. I am going to demo the machine in a few weeks. My question is how much is a tthp like i described in your area? What did you pay for yours or a tt machine and did the dealer throw in anything free like blades or filters?

this site and the exmark support/dealer has swayed me from my toro dealer, thanks guys for showing me the better company and machine.

2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

That price you were quotted is the promotional price for that machine. I'm getting the same machine only with the regular handle bars. That is $100 less. I already have a tthp only the 15 hp. They are a great machine and you won't be disappointed. My dealer took another $100 off and is putting an hour meter on the new one. But this is the fourth machine I have bought. I'm sure if you checked around you might save a few dollars, but your going to want some service at some point and that savings can get used up in a hurry if you have to spend a half a day traveling to the dealer where you bought it.

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I am going to try to get an hr meter free or a discount since i have spent over $2000 there. The dealer treats me as a "real" landscaper even though i am 15 and persuaded me to get the tthp instead of a lazer at this point in time. He said landscapers are his top priorities and will give machines in case of a breakdown. His downtime for all machines is about 3-4hrs on avg he said. I am going to try the ecs at their open house and will add this machine to my fleet in april. It will be a 16th birthday present to myself.

4. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

A demo unit with less than 2 hours from my dealer with ecs,17hp Kawi,48" deck-without electric start-$3950.00 - 2 months ago.

5. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

My tthp, 15Hp Kohler, a year ago was $4750, with the mulching kit. I love it! You can't go wrong with ExMark!

6. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

I just looked at a TTHP with the 17 HP engine, ECS and electric start for $5,200.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a 48TT with ECS dealer wanted 5248 and would not budge on price, he wouldn't even throw in a pint of oil, He is the only exmark dealer in town and hes a pain in the butt. Thats why i ended up this season buying a new Scag SWZU same price but the scag dealer went down on price and gave me a new set of blades and some oil. Marks Mowing Service

8. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

last season I was looking at a TTHP 52" with 17 kaw & ECS for 4400 new. Shop around.

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

52" with ECS and a Velke just over 6000. Most dealers I talk to are willing to throw in a new set of blades.