1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you spend on fuel annually?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Somerville Sensation, Apr 29, 2013.

1. GARRETTWOOD

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

$19,000 to $24,000
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JimMarshall

JimMarshall LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW PA

Around 50-75K depending on the year and how the winter is as we plow as well. Have seen as high as 100K a year when we were running our Triaxle Dump truck.

3. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Close to 80k. Will go up with the new Pete I'm sure.

4. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

I depreciated my truck as a business expense so I can't claim mileage. Only the cost of fuel.
    This means I have to keep the truck fuel separate from the mower fuel so I can get the $.30 road tax back for the mowers.

I have two credit cards, one for the truck, one for the mowers. Plus I keep receipts.

Annually it's about $1,500 for the truck, $1,400 for the mowers.

5. Somerville Sensation

Somerville Sensation LawnSite Member

Thanks Toro,

How many yards a year do you cut?

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I spent $13,752.23 on fuel last year in total.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

Roughly $400 a month in the mower during growing season. I burn 5-6 gallons of gasoline a day, if its a full schedule day. Some days I only work half the day, just because I still have room to grow.

I try not to pay attention to the diesel i put in my truck. It puts me in pain everytime I fill up. Another $130 down the toilet, I dont even like looking at the meter, i just ignore it most of the time. I fill up 2 times a month on average.

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

$100-$120/week between mowers and truck. I'm at 30 accounts ranging from postage stamp to an acre/1.5 acres. 200 miles a week on the truck.

9. clydebusa

clydebusa Inactive

16k miles last year between 2 trucks at $5.7k. Hope to be $3.1k this year with one different truck.

10. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

I have six customers. Totaling about 52 acres. All cut up into little parcels of turf. A customer yesterday had 3 miles of sidewalk and curbs to edge. It took me 2 hours to edge, 1 1/2 hours to blow off the clippings.