1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How much extra for bagging?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by detroitjoker, Oct 17, 2008.

1. detroitjoker

detroitjoker LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I was wondering what you guys charge for bagging. I have been telling my customers that I am gonna hold off until Oct 31 until bagging, but some yards are just accumulating leaves more than others, and I dont think I am gonna make it.
    I was wondering what you guys do with this and how to go about it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I charge them what I would charge for leaf removal. That is essentialy what you are doing. I started my leaf removal today. looks like the way the weather is, they well be coming down slow this year. Probably won't be finished for a month or so
    Dave in Dayton

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

for just leaf removal from turf, not bed or patios ect I charge double the lawn cutting rate for weekly leaf removal, and three times the rate for bi weekly leaaaf removal from turf only. All other fall / leaf clean-ups are priced by the hour. hope this helps you out.

4. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

Charge em...extra work requires extra cost....but you could always stick around and burn them for them..then no cost ...right???

5. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

extra time usually figures to be 10-15 bucks. probably should be more but figure they stick with me all year and when Im blowing dust around in the summer it all makes up for it

6. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

i agree to charge double atleast. ive never had anyone complain yet when i double the price to clean up leaves

7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You might be able to squeak out another week or 2 by mulching the leaves.