Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in my first year in this profession. I was wondering, how much gas/oil do you use (as a %) of your gross income? All we do is mow grass. We have Scag ztrs, weedeaters, & blowers. Thanks in advance for you answers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question was what percentage of your gross was the gas/oil, but i see for some smartasses, you don't understand percentages.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
I am not being a smartass...I am telling you exactly how much gallons i have used this year...better to be a smartass though instead of a dumbass.

Yup, LGF, keep track of it exactly

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by llama
The question was what percentage of your gross was the gas/oil, but i see for some smartasses, you don't understand percentages.
I am too lazy to find out the percentage though right now. But like I said, I know the gallons exactly because I keep track of them

·
Registered
136 Posts
llama jeezzzz.. How do you expect help when you treat people like that. How in the world did you get smart a** out of those replies to your post..

Lamer :/

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
i may tend to think the later instead of the former if you think 2041.659 is a percentage.
what did I just say...I said that I don't know the percentage off hand because I don't want to figure it out. Tell me then the percentage and gallons that you use each year?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i asked for a percentage of the gas/oil usage and i got one answer of "thousands of gallons" and a gallon total rounded off to the nearest thousandth of a gallon. I don't think those answers were being given in a sincere manner

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
i asked for a percentage of the gas/oil usage and i got one answer of "thousands of gallons" and a gallon total rounded off to the nearest thousandth of a gallon. I don't think those answers were being given in a sincere manner
like I said, I told you what I use...and telling you the thousandth is not sincere then I don't know what is?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my gas and oil have been running about 5% of my gross this summer. I was thinking that this was too high. I wanted some feedback as to what the percentage should be and what may be acceptable to the IRS.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
do you know what is acceptable to the IRS?
I don't know...now you really got me thinking as the exact percentage now. But I always know that gas is my second highest expense next to equipment.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I checked last years income financial statement and it worked out to 6% for me. I do snow removal in the winter and my gas bills are quite a bit larger in the winter months, so i'd guess it would be about 4% doing lawn maintenance.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
That's a reasonable question.

In all honesty. I never thought to think of what percentage our gas cost is.

Truth of the matter. I don't record all the data for gas, gallons - cost. I write a lump sum check for the week or two weeks and that covers gas, truck maintenance and repairs. I do save repair and maintenance receipts, not gas. If I did I would most likely have a fire hazard in the office...............:p

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.