Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im snooping around to see how liability Insurance in for lawn care yearly.My dad is in the process of getting me a few commercial accounts but they only thing is I have to be licensed and Insured, But I am going to go under his.

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just got 1mill(2mill aggregate) plus coverage for my mower for $489/year.

1/4 down, billed quarterly.

Way worth the money, it's a write off, and you're protected.

I don't see how anyone doesn't get it now that I finally got it.

I would suggest dealing with an Insurance Broker, not an agent. The Broker can find you the best deal. I went with a company called MMG out of Maine. They support our business.

·
Registered
428 Posts
yeah-I've had insurance coverage for years-and wouldn't operate w/o it; it's just a safety net--from what I infer you're pretty young, T. and it's best to start it out right-once you've been doing something (wrong or right) for years, it's hard to make yourself change. Youmay not have many assets now, but is still a good business practice if not etiquette. (It will also help you get into the door that otherwise you wouldn't have a chance at w/o insurance)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am 16 but I do rather good on my workings. My dad is going to get his license and Insurance and I am going to advertise it on my trailer that the company is licensed and insured so I should bring in a bit more work, But I'm going to run it like usual just under his wing! Thank you guys, I look up to y'all I appreciate the advise

·
Registered
15,214 Posts
Around here, for $1M coverage, around $500 for lawn maintenance, and around $1000 for lawn care. this is of course for liability only - as in solo operation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would really be careful with giving advice in this matter guys. Property insurance is very delicate and requires licensing.

Get as much liability protection as possible and always look for ways to better protect the business you are trying to build with full replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.