1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

how much is the exmark hp 44" mulching kit?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by SouthernYankee, Nov 22, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how much the hp 44" mulching kit would cost? Also do gator blades work best with this setup? thanks for the help SK

I will hopefully getting a hp 44" soon

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Southern Yankee,

The MK443 (mulch kit for the 44") has a msrp $149. The mulch kit comes with a set of mulching blades. The gators will work pretty well in leaves but the standard blades may be better in grass.

Thanks

Terry

3. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Terry,
    How much is the kit for a 36" Metro Fixed deck? Also, what setting should the rear axle be on to maintain mostly Bermuda lawns? Thanks

4. eXmark

Bushwhacked,

It really depends upon what height your cutting at. If your cutting at 3" you can get buy with the C setting however you'll probably end up at the D setting sooner or later. If your cutting in the 3-4" range I'd work from the D setting and follow the table in the manual to fine tune your cut.

The mulch kit is around $149.

Thanks

Terry

5. Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked LawnSite Member

Thanks for the price .
    However , I'm thinking Bermuda (hybrid or Common) should be somewhere in the 1" to 2" range. The axle is on D now. I was thinking of moving it up to B....? Do you think I should leave on the higher one for spring and then move it down towards Summer.

6. eXmark

Bushwhacked,

The B setting may not get you quite down to 1" but it'll be sweet at 2" range.

Thanks

Terry