1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much off msrp for new gm's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mag360, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Looking at a gmc sierra that stickers at 36,325 or something like that. Will they deal on the new body style or are they selling too easily? Anyone bought a crew cab shortbed recently?

I nearly got an '06 3500 crew cab 4x4 for 25,000 last year. That's about all I'm willing to pay for this 1500---anyone bought for that price or better?

2. growandmoe

growandmoe LawnSite Member

i worked at a gmc dealership a few years back and still have ties to their management. the manufactures have taken alot of the profit from the dealers by the msrp but they usually still have 3 plus grand in them. then you also have 'hold back' which is a few bucks the dealers make over 'invoice' price. i don't know your area but in ours if you tell them you want to see invoice and are willing to pay a few hundred over that you can make a deal. they are still going to make some money on the 'front end' of the deal and if you finance or get any of the 'add-ons' like optional insurance etc they make even more money on the 'back end' of the deal. unless there are rebates gm is offering you probably wont see a 10 grand reduction. good shopping...fyi, i got my 2006 sierra crew 1500 4x4 new for 25 ish after that deal and some rebates from gm. hope this helps.

3. mag360

Thanks. I'm willing to wait until the '09's come out and try to catch a deal on a leftover but that can be hit or miss.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

dont expect to get alot of gms... they dont like to come off price ive found. there may be some times of the year you can get about 7 or 8 off. maybe..

5. mag360

With the '03 to '07s you could catch an easy 10,000 off of hd gassers. That 3500 I looked at stickered at over 35,000 and you could catch 2500hd reg cabs with plows for 23-24,000 last winter.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

im talking 07.5+. they arent budging very easy on those.

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I got my 2008 allison/duramax 3500 for $5000. below sticker. I had to work the hell out of them!

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Its just terrible!

9. PBinWA

PBinWA LawnSite Member

Pay invoice and nothing higher. They'll ***** and whine but unless they have buyers lined up out the door then that is all you should have to pay.

10. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

The rebate on the HD is now 3,250. I got a gm loyalty coupon in the mail for another $1000 off. However I already have my new truck. But that's $4250 off list without dealing off sticker.