1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

How much River rock do you think is needed in these areas?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Lawnman3456, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Lawnman3456

Lawnman3456 LawnSite Member

Need some help on how much river rock I’ll need for these areas. Shoulda measured but was in a bit of a hurry when I was there. The rock that is going down is about baseball sized or smaller. Thanks

CA423182-F3AA-455C-9909-8592A9D054B9.jpeg

8458AA98-375E-47FC-8A34-70A487F36628.jpeg

48EE30BB-135D-4661-9A42-105381DF19CF.jpeg

CC6B0394-714A-4BCC-B4BA-A8CFA94E75BC.jpeg

2. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Go back and measure it. And account for 80-100sqft of coverage @ 2” depth per ton of river rock, it depends on what kind of rock/ what size. But you can’t just eyeball it and expect to get lucky lol

3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

1-3 inch river or 3-5 inch?
    You gonna remove that mulch and prep it with fabric?
    Tons could differ depending on the loader operator, some places weigh my truck beforehand, others load me to the ground..
    I’d estimate roughly 3 tons..

oh yeah, don’t be in a hurry on any job.. you can forget things

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Depends

Mark Stark likes this.
  5. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Around 5 yards. You better take the time to measure and figure how you are going to install it. Pushing wheelbarrows up that hill, I would only be able to push maybe a half full wheelbarrow and after wheelbarrow trip #30 it would be even lighter.

6. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

Having extra stone at the end will suck. Having not enough stone at the end will suck. Heck, even having the right amount of stone will suck BUT it will suck less :D

Go back and measure so you can be as close as possible Thumbs Up

7. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at the area, are you going to be required to brace the landscape timbers? The weight of the rock is eventually going to push against them,

8. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Yes everything about this job is going to suck. If the job is going to spec 3-5 inch rock. I would want atleast $1000(labor) for the pleasure of working at this house(sucks).

9. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

OP, spend the time measuring it, or measure it from
    Space.

Mark Stark and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  10. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

That timber construction is very sub-par and will not be able to hold back the tons of new rock.