How much should I charge to haul this load?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by ThyGentleman, Oct 4, 2017.

1. ThyGentleman

ThyGentleman LawnSite Member

Hey everyone! My manager from work just asked me how much to haul? I've never charged for just a haul before. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

I would charge around $ 500 for that

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

If you mashed the brush down would it fit in the bed of a pickup? How far do you have to drag before loading? How far do you have to haul it? What would your dump fee be?

I respect Mdirrigation immensely so I am not questioning his response.

At the same time what you have in the pictures seem to be a small job.

4. Jay84

Jay84 LawnSite Member

I don't know what you have for a rig. Or what the going rate in your area is but my area would call it a load. hundred bucks plus labor

RDALawns and Grassholes like this.
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I agree small load and will easily fit in the bed of a truck based in the pics. My price for a good customer or solid referral would be $175 (on my schedule). I would then have several bush/tree trimming jobs lined up to go with it to make a $500 to $700 day.

6. Mdirrigation

My response was based on the information provided . Now if I knew how far tho the landfill , what the charge at the dump was .

The problem with asking what to charge is that prices are regional , and within those regions they can also vary drastically , in addition to what the competition is charging . And how much poison ivy is in that pile

7. ThyGentleman

Hey guys, appreciate these responses you are helping me a ton. Now I have a 2500 Chevy Silverado, 8ft bed. Can hall this off in one trip no problem. I want to bring it to the dump, because they don't charge for brush. It's about a 20min drive, but still no fee. The the $175 sounds like a fair deal

Grassholes, RDALawns and Jay84 like this.
  8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I am definitely leaving $ on the table in this part of the business.

9. Mdirrigation

So 40 minutes round trip , and 45 minutes to load , roughly an hour and a half . $175 would be a good price

10. ThyGentleman

Thank You! That means a lot. I appreciate all the help. So $175 it is

Jay84 likes this.