How much should I charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ThyGentleman, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Credsfan03

Credsfan03 LawnSite Member

I have thought about buying a winch for that purpose in the past. Do you recommend investing in one?

2. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I use the winch on my dump truck for lots of things. Dragging logs getting out of a ditch getting in and out of the woods when it's wet to streaching fence on the farm. When you need a winch in you will be glad you have it.

hort101 likes this.
  3. ghe

ghe Banned

Oh yes twice the work and twice the possibility of referrals, future work, and exercise. I am very efficient and undercharge for a reason. I don't want to spend a second longer on the job site than I need to. I won't even wait for a customer to write me a check, if I can get another job done faster. I prefer more jobs and customers. If I can save the customer money and save myself time, then I am all for it! I love my customers! I know how capable I am compared to a civilian, and I like to help people out. I have always charged less, and it has given me so much more to be thankful for!

4. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing sticks in my mind a cherry tree we trimmed with my last company I worked for. My boss figured one hour so he charged $45. We both drove there in his truck and did it in half hour, he got paid cash and gave me $20. So after dumping and driving back it was 2-1/2 man hours and he had gas, wear and tear on $800 trimmer etc. He probably made $2, even with probably not paying tax on it. It was mind boggling, no amount of good karma is worth going broke to save customers money.

RDALawns and JMK26 like this.
  5. ghe

ghe Banned

I agree! Taking you along was a mistake! He could have made more money without you! :)

6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Why would anyone listen to you?

Your the only one selling yourself short for karma points.

RDALawns likes this.
  7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Dude...you're bragging about how humble you are!
    Don't you see a contradiction in that?

8. GOL Inc.

GOL Inc. LawnSite Member

I would try to package that little job up with something else or maybe even try to sell them a few plants or a tree to put back in the area to make the job worth something worth while. Sell, sell sell !!