• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

how much should i expect to pay..

Darrin A.

LawnSite Member
I got the same one as Lanscape pro at J thomas for about $210, took me about 4 hours to take replace it. OEM on mine was $996 at the dealer. It would probably only take about two hours now that I have done it once. How old is your mower. Mine is a mid 70's I think (M36-1)

Mark in MD

LawnSite Senior Member
I got the same one as Lanscape pro at J thomas for about $210, took me about 4 hours to take replace it. OEM on mine was $996 at the dealer. It would probably only take about two hours now that I have done it once. How old is your mower. Mine is a mid 70's I think (M36-1)
Mid 70s? What color is it? Not many mid 70s Bob-Cats out there these days. I've got one I found on eBay last year. It's in mint condition.

Yeah, I've swapped out the gear box several times. You used to be able to get them for $150 from the old Landscape Supply. It always takes me four hours. Also, I've also needed some other parts, because not all the good parts are going to slip off the old machine -- at least they never have for me. I've always had to buy the other extra parts from the dealer. OEM. You'll probably need two OEM sleeve bearings and two of the four triangular shaped OEM brackets on either side. And that plastic tube too, if you care about that.

Darrin A.

LawnSite Member
Mid 70s? What color is it? Not many mid 70s Bob-Cats out there these days. I've got one I found on eBay last year. It's in mint condition.

QUOTE]

It's green. It may be a littler new than mid 70's, maybe late 70's. The 48" I picked up for free is a mid 80's and has the safety switches. The 36" doesn't. This has a newer motor on it. I picked it up 3 years ago for $350, now have about $600 into it. Runs and cuts great.